Pages

18/08/2017

Sea Legs

[Date: Friday, 18th August 2017]   [Mood: Satisfied]  [Song: 'how country feels'- Randy Houser']


Freaked the hell out of the kid this morning, I was up at 6am, on the couch, legs tucked underneath my bum, snuggled into the couch blanket. I was taking my time in getting ready for work, rather than rushing around like a shrieking lunatic.
I don't think in his entire 11 years he's ever seen me up that early and definitely not up that early and completely chilled out. (I enjoy keeping my kids on their toes !)
I had a cup of white jasmine tea and a bowl of muesli and I was slowly enjoying it with all the time in the world to spare before heading off to work.
I always used to think 'he' was mad. He used to (and likely still does) rise at least an hour earlier than required to ease into his day with coffee and a cigarette before going about his morning routine, even if he starts work at 3am. (mad bastard !)
We might not have been together long but he sure did teach me a thing or two.

Hell, I don't even wear make up, purely because I believe that's an extra hour or two of sleep that I'm robbing myself of every morning. (I'm also not very feminine and lazy as fuck. so, there's that.)
There's definitely something in starting your day not stressing. Was even early to work ! That never happens.
Kicked my day off as a shiny beacon of positivity. (with really fucking sore legs!)

Rocked some serious sea legs today, every so often they would tremble and threaten to give way from underneath me.
Shout out to the new kid at work that could see I was in a world of hurt and kindly bent to collect the things from the floor that I had clumsily dropped. (you're a prince among men, mate!)

There's a bench at work that customers usually sit on to try on shoes, it looked like an ideal spot for a few step ups in a particularly overly enthusiastic moment.
the sock drawer was slightly ajar, I kicked it closed, yelped in pain from the fire in my thighs and quickly put that stupid step up idea to bed.

I painfully powered my way through work and made my way to see James.
(it would seem that I never fucking learn !)
I might have had to hoist myself up the stairs with the aid of the guide rail but I managed a sweaty hour on jelly legs and left feeling content with my efforts.
A new playlist of booty shakin' jams never goes astray either. (90's R&B, all the way !)

Got in a little self love by way of a visit to one of my dear friends that also happens to be my hairdresser. The only thing more peaceful than having someone else wash your hair would have to be being in a coma. For real. (I think. I don't actually know for sure)
When my head is in that basin, I don't have a single problem in the world.
I deeply appreciate her artistry, I can't look like a scruffy cunt on drugs all the time, people would talk. (Not that I'd actually care what they've got to say, mind you.)
For someone that has rather high maintenance hair and generally takes it pretty seriously, I
A. rarely brush it.
B. wash it myself even less than that.

Whenever I sit in her chair, I honest to god don't know how or why she doesn't kick me repeatedly for undoing all her good work. But I always leave looking, feeling and even smelling more amazing than when I entered. Contrary to what I look like a lot of the time, my personal grooming regime is important to me but it's somewhat of a team effort.

A little more self love for dinner.. one of my best friends and I finally indulged in the Thai dinner we'd been fantasising about all week. One of the quickest ways to my heart would have to be Tom Yum soup. Was so good, I ordered it for Entrée AND Dinner !
Seriously, It's like giving your tummy a really spicy hug.
Self care/Self love doesn't have to be huge grand gestures. Sometimes, all it takes is a bowl of soup to make your world a better place.

Random Friday Musings:

Often, in the car I'll just zone out. It's often where I do a lot of my thinking. Some people do it on the mug, I tend to do it hurtling along the backroads at 110k's.
it occurred to me.. 'The most inclement sea will always present you with the same two options.. Sink or swim, motherfucker !'
So here I am, swimming like my life fucking depends on it. Because, it does.
No one else is going to fight for my happiness, it's up to me to glove up and jump in the ring.
(No matter how many times life kicks my ass like I'm a wayward step child)

Someone that I deeply respect and admire told me something important today. (seriously guys, she's life goals, she's one of those 'makes the world a better place' just by being alive, type of people)
She said: "Harmony is never found without chaos. Only the broken have wings.''
Just today alone I've got 3 new philosophies to carry with me while I kick life in the dick.



"If it's what's inside that counts, I guess that makes me tacos and anxiety." - Feminine Funk.









No comments

Post a Comment